Monday, October 30, 2006

spooktacular fun

We just love October around here! The beautiful fall colors, Halloween, apple picking... what's not to love?

I've been wanting to make these cute ghosts playing ring-around-the-rosie ever since I saw the idea in FamilyFun magazine years ago. I finally got my chance this year, and Emmalie helped me create them:





At the beginning of the month, we went to our town's Pumpkinfest. We decorated pumpkins to enter in a contest there. Em's pumpkin girl won 1st place for her age group, and so did my witch! (I didn't have any other competition, though... LOL) Nick's moose did not win, but I still think it's very cute (and original!)....





While at Pumpkinfest, Nick ran in the Kiddie Run (about half a mile long), and came in 2nd place! We were all so proud!




The kids and I also entered the pumpkin pie eating contest, along with our next-door neighbor and friend, Marissa, who went to Pumpkinfest with us. Nick and Em both came in 2nd place for their age groups. Marissa and I didn't stand a chance against all the men who could devour the pie in one bite, though!




We also went apple picking near Harvard, IL this month. Our neighbor Marissa went with us, too, and we had fun despite the cold and wind:





And the fun's not done yet! We'll be carving pumpkins tonight, making caramel apples, and of course there's trick-or-treating tomorrow! :) Look for more pictures in a few days....

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Welcome to blogland! :)
How did you make the ghosts, that's a really cute idea.

October 30, 2006 12:52 PM  
Blogger Janelle said...

Thanks, Rorie!:) I took dowels and stuck them in the ground, then stuck large styrofoam balls on top of them. I had 2 old white sheets that I cut in half. Then I draped each half sheet over the balls, and tied yarn around the "neck". We tied the sheets together to look like the ghosts are holding hands and then drew faces on the heads. Pretty easy, really! :)

October 30, 2006 9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home