Tuesday, October 31, 2006

happy halloween!

Finally, one of my favorite holidays is here ~ that special time for goblins and ghouls, witches and black cats, creepy spider webs, the crunch of leaves underfoot, and everywhere you look, there are little kids all dressed up... in winter coats, hats, mittens, and scarves? What??

Brrrr... it's very chilly here today! There are going to be a lot of c-c-c-c-cold trick-or-treaters tonight.... Hopefully I'll find a way to keep my kiddos warm, but still show off their amazing costumes (handmade by Christine, my extremely talented sister). Em is going as her imaginary friend, Polaris ~ an outer-space superhero. (Yes, she has quite the imagination!) Nick will be the most adorable giraffe ever, and Ben will be wearing the same elephant costume that both his brother and sister wore at his age ~ too cute! Oh, and I'll be going as Mom Zombie ~ I won't need much to complete the look... LOL! (At times like this, it would be nice to have a digital camera! But since I don't, you'll have to wait a few days to see pics....)

We carved our pumpkins last night (and B colored his with markers ~ what a mess! But he had fun, at least!) We also made lollipop ghosts to take to school, watched Corpse Bride, and roasted pumpkin seeds. :)

Tonight we'll go trick-or-treating, of course. We'll have our traditional Batwing Soup, Grilled Scream Sandwiches, and Ghost Blood for supper (aka homemade tomato soup, grilled cheese, and milk). Then we'll probably watch our favorite Halloween movie, The Nightmare Before Christmas. Wishing you all a BOOtiful day!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey girl I love your blog! Im so glad that you made one! Is it hard to set up and such? You know mine will be Olivias Fan Club!LOL With a bit of me thrown in! And I finally get to see Marissa! She looks like so much fun! Great pics! I cant wait to see halloween!

November 01, 2006 5:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home