Tuesday, December 11, 2007

ice, ice, baby

I was woken up by a phone call at 5:45 this morning, an automated message telling me that school was cancelled due to ice. I tried to go back to sleep, but it never happened....

The kids are enjoying their snow... er, ice... day. Em had a friend over this morning, and soon we are going to bake some cookies and work on our December Days album. I think the roads would've been okay for them to go to school, but better safe than sorry, I guess. I'm thinking the roads may be a bit slick when it's time for George to come home, though.

I just went outside to take pics of the ice on our trees and bushes, and found that the new birch tree we planted this spring (along the side of our driveway) is bent over double. (The rest of the birch trees are all still standing up straight.) Hopefully it will be okay in the long run....

1 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

hope you posts some photos here!

December 18, 2007 10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home