Thursday, February 14, 2008

romance is in the air...

Well, not really. Not around here, anyway, LOL. We don't have the money to go out anywhere, and I'm sick anyway, so it's going to be a pretty low key Valentine's Day at our house. We did give the kids some valentine gifts this morning. Emmalie and Nick got their very first Webkinz pets, and Benjamin got a toy plane and a chalkboard/dry erase board that he LOVES! He spent all morning drawing on it:




And just a little while ago, I received an ecard valentine from George. It was very unexpected and sweet. :)

Nick made alien valentines this week, to give to his classmates. (We saw the idea in Family Fun magazine.) I thought they turned out cute! The message on the inside said, "I think you're out of this world!":



Em, Nick, and I made valentine cookies yesterday. It is one of our traditions, and we all love to decorate them and eat them! :) :




Oh, and I did manage to get Ben away from his new chalkboard long enough to make valentines for Dada, Em, and Nick this morning. He was very proud of his work, and told me who each one was for. Too cute! :


In honor of Valentine's Day, KatieJ wanted us to post something romantic. I've really been racking my brains trying to think of a story I could tell. It's been awhile since anything I normally consider to be romantic has happened to me. But then I looked at the photos above and decided this could be my story:

Once upon a time, in a land not too far away, a boy named George fell in love with a girl named Janelle. Not too long after that, she fell in love with him, too. George and Janelle dated for several years, and eventually became man and wife in a lovely wedding. Over the years, they had 3 beautiful, smart, and wonderful children. They all lived together in a nice house in the suburbs, and though life hasn't always been "happily ever after" like it is in the movies, it has still been a life filled with lots of laughter and lots of love. If that's not romantic, I don't know what is. :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Aww! thanks for sharing your day with me!!

February 14, 2008 3:15 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Great pics...and I love your love story!

February 15, 2008 5:17 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Aww, that's a sweet fairy tale!

I'm very proud of you for posting that....Lord knows *I* couldn't come up with anything like that for around here....

February 15, 2008 8:04 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

sounds like a story I would write.

February 17, 2008 1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home