Wednesday, October 01, 2008

september's end

Here are some pictures from the last few days of September....

Sept. 25th, Ben and I drove down to Shriner's Children's Hospital to visit my friend Glenna and her daughter Katie, who'd had surgery. Ben loves that hospital because there is a big room with all kinds of fun stuff to do... an indoor playground, a model train layout, ping pong, and more. Here he was playing air hockey with Katie :) : Sept. 26th, Ben and I went out in the backyard for awhile. Ben was eating some Peanut Butter Cap'n Crunch (dry) as a snack. He dropped a few on the ground, and this black squirrel decided to try it! The squirrel loved it so much, we thought he was going to jump right up onto Ben's lap and eat out of the bowl! (Just a side note... most of the squirrels around here are gray, but this summer 2 black ones moved in somewhere nearby ~ they visit our yard every day!):
We also had fun watching this monarch butterfly, who was sipping nectar from every one of our zinnias, I think!:
Sept. 27th, we all drove over to Mendota to visit my grandma. My mom and George's mom Fran were visiting there, as well. It was great to get to see all 3 of them!: Sept. 28th, George's new project... trying to make our ugly kitchen cabinets look better. (I'll share more pics later, to show the progression.) He took the doors off these cabinets the other day so he can work on them. (Note how the previous owner tried spray painting the fake wood to make it darker... but only in some spots!): Sept. 29th, Play-doh time! Sept. 30th, Ben helped me make apple crisp (he shook the topping ingredients together):
Yum! Ben refused to try it once it was baked, though ~ he would only eat the ice cream! Oh, well... that just means more for the rest of us, LOL!:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think I have ever seen a black squirrel!

Good luck with the kitchen cabinets.

Marilyn
>^..^<

October 03, 2008 8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home