Wednesday, November 01, 2006

november, already?

Seriously... how did this happen? How can 2006 almost be over?? I love Thanksgiving and Christmas, but I am sooooo not ready for them! (Well, I can probably handle Thanksgiving, but Christmas? Ack!) One of these years, I WILL be better organized and ready to take on the holiday season by the beginning of November. Not this year, though!

The kids and I had a blast trick-or-treating last night, despite the cold. They both got enough candy to last them until next Halloween, I think. (I might have to help them eat some of it....) I'm hoping to post pictures by Friday or the weekend.

Well, since Thanksgiving is coming up fast (whether I'm ready for it or not), I thought I'd try to list 3 things every day that I'm thankful for. That's what this holiday season is all about, right?

Today I am thankful for:
  • The gorgeous fall colors. Just from my computer, I can see deep reds on our neighbor's bush, and bright yellows from their mums, along with earthy brown leaves, dancing across the green grass. The colors make me smile. :)
  • Soft, cozy sweaters. Definitely a necessity on days like today! I love to feel snug and warm inside them. Benjamin likes them, too. Every once in a while, he walks over, pets my sweater, and says, "Meow."
  • Dishwashers. I can't stand washing dishes by hand.... I've been thankful every day since we moved that we have a dishwasher now!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok Ill try this again! I agree with you on how fast the yr is going! Three weeks till Thanksgiving!! At least thanksgiving is a bit earlier than last yr. We actuall have a week to rest between the seasons! I am seriously thinking of starting a blog with Amanda as the tech advisor! Howd you get started??

November 01, 2006 5:46 PM  
Blogger Janelle said...

Hi, Laura! I'm sorry ~ I meant to respond to you yesterday, but then things got busy and I forgot!

It's very easy to start a blog. (Warning: It's addicting, too! LOL) If you look at the top of mine, on the right, you will see a box that says "Get Your Own Blog". Just click on that, and it will basically walk you through the whole thing! I got mine set up in about 5 minutes! :)

Thanks so much for leaving notes on my blog! I can't wait to see yours and all the pics of Olivia you will put on it... :)

November 02, 2006 5:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home