Monday, March 10, 2008

progress, finally

About a year ago, George fulfilled a lifelong dream of his to own a surround sound system, and installed some speakers in our living room walls. The plan at the time was to cover up the wires with crown molding. Well, a year later we have FINALLY started that project! I am soooo glad, because I've really hated having those ugly brown and gray wires hanging in plain sight for so long.

We bought the things we needed on Saturday and I painted the molding Saturday night. Yesterday we started hanging it up, yay! Here are some "before" pics... the camera was aimed high, not only to get a good shot of the wires, but also to avoid getting my messy living room floor in the photos! LOL




George nailed a corner piece up in one corner, and then I helped hold the molding up while he nailed it on. Thank goodness he was able to borrow a nail gun, because my arms are very sore today, and I can't even imagine how sore they'd be if he'd had to nail it up by hand! (In the photo below, he is just pounding on the few nails that didn't go all the way in with the nail gun.)

We had to fit two pieces together to make one long strip of molding. When it was all up along the south wall, I puttied the nail holes and did some touch-up with paint. By then, Ben's naptime was over, so we quit for the day, and put all the furniture back. (I cleaned up the living room, too!) Doesn't it look MUCH better? :) Only 2 more walls to go....


4 Comments:

Blogger Val said...

Janelle, it looks awesome!!

March 10, 2008 3:37 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

That's looking great, Janelle! Now, how are you going to hide the ugly wires going UP the wall? (I need to do that so I thought I'd ask you, lol.)

March 10, 2008 8:17 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Looks great!

March 11, 2008 4:53 AM  
Blogger Mel Place said...

cool! great work and nice livingroom

March 11, 2008 10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home