Tuesday, May 26, 2009

memorial day weekend

We had a nice 3-day weekend. It wasn't as exciting as Nick's ~ he went camper camping in the Wisconsin Dells with his best friend and his family ~ but we had fun all the same. I got a lot of yardwork done and took a few pictures of my flowers in bloom.
A peony:
The pinks in front of our house ~ I love these when they are all in bloom like this! Just wish the blooms would last longer....
A "wild" vinca vine. I always put vinca vine in the flower pots next to the garage. Last year one of them ended up trailing on the ground and setting off a new shoot. I was very surprised that it lasted through the winter, grew more leaves in the spring, and now is flowering!
This cute little bunny was an early birthday present from my mother-in-law:
While we were outside, George spotted this young robin in our forsythia bush:
I sat still and watched it for about 20 minutes or so, and was rewarded with the site of a mama (or daddy) robin coming to feed it twice:
Eventually, they both flew off.

On Saturday evening, we took a picnic supper over to our town's newest park. I'd never been there before, but I'm sure we'll be going back! There were all kinds of fun things for the kids to play on. Ben especially liked the many slides:

And he LOVED the splash pad, even though it was a bit chilly out by the time we got there!


I didn't get any photos (I know, shame on me!), but we had a cookout on Sunday and played croquet in the backyard. Yesterday I worked on cleaning out our garage, and then after Nick returned home, we all went to see the new Night at the Museum movie. All in all, a nice weekend. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home