Friday, November 03, 2006

finally friday

It's been a busy day, and I feel like I've been on the go since the moment B woke me up this morning. I'm finally enjoying some quiet time now, though, while George, E, and N are at the circus, and B is in bed!

I was able to take my film in today and get it developed... which means I have Halloween photos to share! :) However, it looks like the pics of me as Mom Zombie are on the film that's still in my camera, so I guess I'll have to share those another day.

First, I had to take a pic of B in his shirt that says "Grandma's Little Pumpkin" (bought by Grandma Bev, of course!) I tried to get him to pose holding his pumpkin, but he did NOT want to cooperate! He was much more interested in me giving him the chalk, so I finally did, and then snapped this one quick:

As you can see, B loves to color, whether it's with chalk or crayons or markers. And he likes to use as many colors as possible, all at the same time:




E and N opted for the scary look on their pumpkins this year. They did everything except the actual cutting ~ they scooped out all the insides, drew their design on, and then painted after I cut:



And now for a glimpse of Christine's fantastic costume creations! :)

Emmalie wanted to be Polaris, space-age superhero (her imaginary friend, and the heroine of many comic strips that Em has drawn). She drew pictures for Christine to follow, which C did ~ right down to the "E" on the gold belt, the lightning bolts on the boots, and the holster for the ray gun. Em was thrilled to have something she's imagined made into reality!





These pictures don't do justice to Nick's AWESOME giraffe costume. Christine made it complete with all the details that make it look so lifelike ~ it even has eyelashes and tufts of hair on the horns. Everyone who saw it was in total awe....





I managed to get a few pics of Benjamin the elephant before he took the hat off of his head. I thought this costume was adorable back when Emmalie and Nick wore it, but it's even cuter to see it on B, who can actually walk around in it! (E and N weren't quite walking yet when they wore it.)



Oh, I almost forgot! Today I am thankful for:

  • Pay day! Enough said....
  • A can of ice-cold Pepsi Lime. Yum. (I needed that caffeine, too!!)
  • A trip to my favorite scrap store, Archivers. I saw SO many wonderful new things for layouts in there today! I managed to be a good girl and only bought what I really needed... but, oh, it was tempting!!

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pics janelle! the costumes rock!!
-Val

November 04, 2006 4:49 AM  
Blogger Janelle said...

Christine ~ I wanted you to see some of the comments that my friends made on the IDOS BB... they are all fans of your work! :)

Dawn: Wow, once again, your sister has done an amazing job on their costumes!

Kim: All I can say is....HOW STINKIN' CUTE!!!! Love the costumes

Glenna: those are such awesome costumes!!

Jeanine:First, I'm stunned. Wow. Your sister is AMAZING! Second...HOW COOL IS IT TO HAVE YOUR IMAGINARY FRIEND BROUGHT TO LIFE?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?! That totally ROCKS!!!!! I hope that her costume goes into a box worthy of a wedding dress to save FOREVER!!! Once she's done being Polaris that is.

Patti:I am just in awe over those costumes!

November 04, 2006 5:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool costumes. Very talented to have sew imaginary friend costume with out a pattern.

November 04, 2006 6:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I forgot to sogn my name to anonymous that starts out Cool. This is Karen R./KareBear I came by to check out your neat blog.

November 04, 2006 6:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved seeing the grandkids in their costumes. They all looked great and we wish we could of seen them
in person. Aunt Christine really is talented, that's for sure! Enjoy your blog very much. Mom

November 04, 2006 10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christine is just awesome! Your kids will realize when they are older how fortunate they are to have such a wonderful aunt!

November 04, 2006 12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Opps - forgot to sign my name to the last post!
Marilyn
>^..^<

November 04, 2006 12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey whered my coment go? Its me Laura and Christine you are so talented! Ive seen all the neat Quilts that youve made for Js kids over the years and they are something to treasure...or use till theres only a scrap of fabric left from the binding!I agree with preserving the polaris costume. We can be sure tha neither N or B will be wearing it!

November 05, 2006 8:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. I think I'll hire the lot of you as my press agents! :) I'm just glad that the costumes all fit. If you need help getting Nick's giraffe head mounted for the wall, let me know Janelle. I might have a solution which will either work or it will take down half the wall with it. But then the boys would have a skylight in their room, so either way -- not bad.

November 06, 2006 5:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE THE COSTUMES!!

November 07, 2006 5:59 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Love them. I want someone to my my costumes.

November 07, 2006 12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home