Monday, January 29, 2007

another busy weekend

The weekend was busy yet again (I think I've forgotten what a weekend with no plans feels like), but we did have some fun along the way, too. Both Em and Nick got invited to sleepovers on Friday night, so George, Benjamin, and I went out for supper, then had a quiet night at home for a change. On Saturday we washed the kitchen walls and ceiling, which still had gunk on them from removing the wallpaper border. George also did a lot of prep work, puttying holes, etc. And then we finally put the first coat of fresh paint on the kitchen ceiling. We put the second coat on yesterday, after church, and already the room looks a thousand times better! (The new paint only makes the old paint on the walls look worse, though!)

I did manage to do some scrapping over the weekend, too. :) This one is of Ben and Bunny, the stuffed rabbit that Grandma Bev gave him this summer. He now insists on sleeping with it every night and carries it around during the day. (For Cheri's challenge, I got to check off fibers, using a non-alphabet stamp ~ bonus points for owning the stamp more than a year but never using it till now, and wet embossing):

The following layouts were done using a special kit of papers, letter stickers, and embellishments ~ all the members of the IDOS Design Team were given the same items and then told to create as much as we could with it.

This first one is of our town's tree lighting ceremony. (I was able to check off using more than 6 photos on a layout.):

Ben's first candy cane:

"Meeting" the Christmas tree:

Our Christmas card photo shoot:

I'm not sure I can make my January goal of getting caught up on all of Ben's photos through December, but I'm pretty close! If I can at least finish up with his Nov. photos, I'll be happy....

1 Comments:

Blogger The Mom said...

Cute layouts girl!! You did an awesome job with that kit!!

Ian went to his first sleepover last weekend!! :)

Hope life pulls into the slow lane for you for awhile!!

MISS YOU MUCH!!
JEN:)

January 31, 2007 3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home