Tuesday, January 23, 2007

i did it!

I made a New Year's resolution (like I have so many other years) that I would start going back to the gym and lose some weight. I finally took the first step today and forced myself to go to the gym! I bought an annual membership and a babysitting punch card for Ben, so now I'm committed! LOL

I haven't been to the gym for almost 2 years now, not since becoming pregnant with B. The gym has all new weight machines now that took awhile to figure out, but I did work on some of them. I also did 10 minutes on the Stairmaster and power-walked for 5/6 of a mile. (I would've done the whole mile, but it was time for me to pick Ben up from the babysitting room.) It really wasn't much of a workout compared to what I was doing at the gym a couple years ago, but it was a lot more than I'm currently used to, and I know I will be sore tomorrow! LOL And I'm already worn out!

I've done some more scrapping this week, and got to cross some more things off the list for Cheri's challenge!

Here's Ben in the elephant costume that Christine originally made for Em way back in 1996. (I was able to check off die cut, a current photo, and doodling on a page. Thank you to my friend Annette for the elephant die cut... all the way from South Africa!):

For this Halloween one, I was able to cross off ribbon, a metal embellishment that's not a brad, and bling ~ those are crystal brads along the side and on the charm. Thank you to my friend Val for the "checkerboard" paper!:

And for this one, I was able to cross off color blocking, using only scraps except for the background, and scraplifting (I SL'ed a layout in the Becky Higgins sketch book.) This is my boy who hates to wear hats... unless he puts them on his head himself, and they aren't really hats!:

3 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

WTG with the Gym Janelle. Hopefully you can stick to it.

January 23, 2007 4:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats on getting to the gym! I haven't been able to exercise for about a week and I think it's going to be pretty hard to get back into the swing of things. Ug. :P

January 25, 2007 9:50 PM  
Blogger The Mom said...

Woo Hoo on going to the gym!! I am so not a fan of exercise, I hope that you can stick with it!!

Great layouts too!!

January 27, 2007 1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home