Monday, January 15, 2007

what is that white stuff?

Oh, yeah... it's called snow! I'd almost forgotten what it was! We don't have much (an inch or so), but I'm happy ~ THIS is what it's supposed to look like in January!

I had a great weekend, hanging out with my friends Glenna, Chrissy, and Jenn. We stayed at a fancy-shmancy hotel near here (there were even tv's built into the mirrors in the bathrooms, LOL!), went shopping, ate lots of yummy food, stayed up late having fun, and slept in LATE. (That was wonderful!) We met up with George, the kids, and Marissa for Nick's birthday party at the Rainforest Cafe. Nick was very excited about all of his gifts! He doesn't know yet that he still has one more gift to "open" ~ George and I bought him a yellow bike, which we plan to give him tonight! (It's hiding in the garage at the moment.)

This is something new for me, but I got "tagged" by reading this on my friend Jen's blog. If you have a blog (or facebook or whatever) and see this, consider yourself tagged, too! :) It's kind of a get-to-know-you thing:

A) Four jobs I have had in my life:
  • Social worker, counseling severely emotionally disturbed children and teens
  • Beetle babysitter ;) (worked for the ISU entomology dept., doing various odd jobs, including taking care of lots and lots of beetles!)
  • McDonald's slave... bleah
  • Merry Maid flyer distributor
B) Four movies I watch over and over again:
  • Moulin Rouge
  • Sommersby
  • Love, Actually
  • She's Having a Baby
C) Four places I have lived:
  • Ames, IA
  • Madison, WI
  • Aberdeen, MD
  • LaMoille, IL
D) Four TV shows I watch:
  • The Young and the Restless
  • Big Brother
  • Amazing Race
  • Survivor
E) Four places I have been on vacation:
  • Italy
  • Disney World
  • Bahamas
  • BWCA
F) Four Websites I visit daily:
  • IDOS
  • weather.com... and that's about it for "daily"!
G) Four Places I would rather be right now:
  • Just about any place, scrapping
  • Visiting my family in Iowa
  • Disney World
  • Australia
H) Four foods that I can--and do--live without:
  • Mushrooms
  • Olives
  • Seafood
  • Alcohol

1 Comments:

Blogger The Mom said...

Yeah someone finally did the little 4 things about you thing from my blog!!! :)

January 16, 2007 1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home