Thursday, December 07, 2006

a winter wonderland

I am very happy to be inside on this cold, cold day (high of 14!), but I do love the snow and am enjoying looking out the window at it. (As I sit in here with the furnace blasting, warm slippers on my feet, and sipping a cup of hot Chai tea!) It's so beautiful, with the blue shadows of the trees streaking across the white snow, and rabbit footprints zig-zagging across the yard.

I have some pictures from last Friday to share ~ it's hard to believe that we've only had this snow for a week... it seems longer! Anyway, here is my little snowman, enjoying his first time walking and sledding in the snow:




Nick and Em, working on their fort (I guess this picture doesn't really show that they are about 4 feet above the street here!) :


And a few pictures of the house (yes, we know our lamp post is crooked! LOL Fixing it is on our list of things to do next spring....):

That is my snowman Christmas tree up in the left dormer window of our bedroom:



We went to Nick's school choral concert last night. Only the Kindergartners, 1st and 2nd graders sang. They were all so cute! Nick even got to play the finger cymbals for one of the songs. Of course I took pictures, but they never turn out very well at those concerts....

I've been working on making Christmas gifts this week ~ I've gotten several done, but still have so much to do! Guess I should get off the computer and get to work!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

eits Laura!Just caught up on your weeks activities! Love the pic of Ben! Hes just so cute! Have fun putting up the tree this weekend! I stil havent decided when I am putting up my tree.I have a few house decos up but nothing like my usual. Mostly because what goes up must come down!LOL

December 09, 2006 6:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home