Tuesday, May 15, 2007

a walk a day...

keeps the pounds away. That's what I'm hoping, anyway! :)

I've been neglecting my blog again ~ sorry! Things have been busy, busy, busy lately and I've had very little computer time. It's been so nice out, and most of my free time has been spent outside, doing yardwork. So far, I've dug 6 garden areas in the backyard (some were pretty small, and some were big) and am currently working on digging a bigger area in the front. George got in on the act, too, and is building a stone wall planter along the east side of our house. It all looks SO much nicer now, and we're not even finished!

I've been working on losing weight, too. I know that I mentioned that I was starting back to the gym in January, but things weren't going as well as I wanted them to. Last month I had a little scrap vacation in Indianapolis and got to spend time with my friend Tammy, who has been working on losing weight herself for almost a year now. She has done *wonderfully*, and is my inspiration! She recommended the book "You on a Diet", which I bought, read, and am trying to follow (for the most part, anyway). The book suggests walking for at least 30 minutes every day. I started doing that on May 1st, and haven't missed a day yet. Between that, increasing my time at the gym from 2 times/week to 3, and eating healthier, I'm finally getting the results I wanted. So far, I am down 13.5 pounds. I have a long way to go yet, but I'm feeling positive about it now! :)

I thought I'd share some of the layouts I made for Benjamin last month, of our trip to Iowa in March. We really did enjoy seeing everyone again! :






One last thing for today.... Happy Birthday, Mom!! Sorry I couldn't figure out a way to get 60 pink flamingoes in your yard so that everyone would know you are 60 today... I really wanted to! LOL :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Great Job on the weight loss.. Love looking at your LO's..

May 30, 2007 12:53 PM  
Blogger The Mom said...

How's the walking going?

June 25, 2007 5:11 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

Congrats on the weight loss! Love your layouts too!

BTW . . you've been tagged

http://www.lubequeen.blogspot.com/

June 29, 2007 5:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home