Thursday, September 06, 2007

surprise!

I'm not sure how we managed it, exactly, but all of us... even the kids!... were able to keep the secret and surprise Mom and Dad with an anniversary party over the weekend! :) They drove out here, along with Christine, because I told them I wanted to throw an early birthday party for Benjamin. (We did in fact celebrate with a party for him on Saturday, but my real objective for getting them here was the surprise party on Sunday.)

The party was thrown together very quickly, and many of the invitees already had plans for the holiday weekend. We did have a few guests, though ~ Grandma, Aunt Jeanette and Uncle Ronnie, Aunt Bernice and Uncle John, my cousin Debbie and her husband Mike, my cousin Peggy, and George's brother Nathan were able to join us and make the surprise even more special! (Many of the people who couldn't be here sent notes or cards for Mom and Dad, which I know they really appreciated, too.) It was wonderful to see everyone, even if it was just for a short time. We took lots of pictures, but of course, I still need to get mine developed before I can share them....

I made a scrapbook for Mom and Dad, using some of the pictures that Christine had emailed me, plus others from their 40 years together. If you are interested, you can view the pages here. I plan to make a few more pages with pictures from the party to fill the book....

The weekend went by way too quickly, and we were all wishing that we could've spent more time together. Isn't that always how it goes...?

1 Comments:

Blogger Dawn said...

Glad to hear you survived the week-end. That was such a sweet thing to do for your parents!

September 07, 2007 6:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home