Tuesday, July 10, 2007

change of plans

By now, Dad, Christine, Em, and Nick are on Day 2 of their Boundary Waters adventure. (Sure hope they're not getting too much rain!) Benjamin and I are at home, though, not in Ames as planned. Mom's recovery is going well, but she wasn't feeling up to having company this week. So, instead, George and I drove the kiddos up to Minneapolis on Saturday. It was a looooong trip that included lots of back roads, because of a bad accident near Rockford, IL. We stayed at a hotel that night, and then met up with Dad and Christine on Sunday. Em and Nick went up to northern MN with them, and the rest of us headed back home.

It is definitely quieter around here with Em and Nick gone... and cleaner, too! LOL! Ben and I ran errands yesterday, and now are having a day at home today. (Though we did go out for a walk in this VERY humid weather ~ we were both glad to get back into the air conditioned house!) I'm hoping I can actually get some things done this week (including some scrapping!)... we'll see....

3 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

hopefully your mom recovers quickly. bummer about that traffic I had some too.

July 10, 2007 1:32 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Too bad that you didn't get to go this year. Hopefully next year! I know what an adventurer you are!! :)

July 10, 2007 4:03 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

I hope you can enjoy the peace & quiet (and cleanliness) while they're gone...even if it means that you had to miss out on the trip.

July 11, 2007 8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home