Sunday, October 28, 2007

memory lane

Jeanne tagged me the other day, to create a fun blog entry about where I was and what I was doing 10, 20, and 30 years ago. I've enjoyed seeing other friends' similar entries, and am happy to have the chance to do one myself. :) Let's see...

10 years ago...
In 1997, I was 29. (Gosh, that sounds young now!) I was a SAHM, like now, but only had one little kiddo to take care of! Emmalie was one and a half, and kept me very busy all day long! I hadn't begun scrapping yet, and didn't really get to do anything that was just for ME back then. George, Em, and I were living in our 2-bedroom apartment in Arlington Heights, IL. We were getting ready for Halloween ~ Christine had made an adorable ladybug costume for Em, and we traveled back to Ames for the weekend so that she could trick-or-treat at the grandparents'. This photo was taken on Thanksgiving of that year:

20 years ago...
In 1987, I was 19. I was a sophomore at the University of Iowa in Iowa City, majoring in social work. I lived alone, renting a room in a house filled with other college students. Just a few months before, I had started dating some guy named George. ;) He attended Iowa State, so we didn't get to see each other very often during the school year. I spent most of my time going to class, studying, reading, listening to music, and talking to George on the phone. This photo was taken by George, when he came to visit me one weekend:


30 years ago...
In 1977, I was 9. I lived in Ames, IA with my parents and Christine (who was only 4 at the time). I was a 4th grader at Crawford Elementary. My teacher was Mrs. Callison, and my best friends were Heidi and Inger. I spent my free time riding my bike, climbing the tree in my backyard, swinging upsidedown from our jungle gym, and reading. I was a Junior Girl Scout, too. I'm sure that at this time of year I was getting very excited about Halloween ~ I think that I dressed up as a cat that year, in a costume that used to be my mom's. This is my 4th grade picture:


And 40 years ago? Well, I was around, but would've only been about this big: __! LOL

Now it's my turn to tag someone. Hmmmm... I think I'll tag Dawn! :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

Love the pictures you posted!

October 28, 2007 2:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This is such a fun tag!
I can see just how much your kids look like you... they have your smile. :)

October 29, 2007 4:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home