Tuesday, March 18, 2008

going green

Going green... that's what we were doing yesterday! :) Em and Nick were up at 6:30am, searching for treasure left by Lucky the leprechaun. After following several clues from room to room, they finally found the pot o' gold in the washing machine! Lucky left them some art supplies, chocolate coins, and a box of Lucky Charms... a fun way to start out St. Patrick's Day!

We celebrated the holiday in the evening with a special supper. I made "Irish Penicillin" (potato soup) and shamrock-shaped biscuits, plus we had several green foods: peas, honeydew melon, lime Jello parfaits, and Green River floats. Yum!

KatieJ challenged us this week to try making a mosaic from some of our photos, so I thought I'd make one with a few of my St. Patty's Day pictures. Here are my 3 leprechauns and our green meal:

It was a fun day! And now we have 2 other big days to celebrate this week, Emmalie's birthday and then Easter. Busy week!

3 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

Oh I love it!

March 20, 2008 4:39 AM  
Blogger Anna Secrest said...

Great pics Janelle! I especially love it because green is my favorite color!

March 23, 2008 5:55 PM  
Blogger Kay said...

Those are great pics and supper looked yummy!

March 26, 2008 5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home