Monday, November 20, 2006

a scrappy weekend

We were having an Online Crop at IDOS this weekend, so I spent most of my time scrapping away, and never got around to making a blog entry. I think I did 12 pages or more, so am pretty happy about that! I especially like how this one came out:


I also spent part of Saturday morning taking Em to the optometrist. She had had some difficulty with the eye exams at school, so her school nurse had recommended more eye exams. It turns out that E does need glasses, but her near-sightedness is mild so far, and she will not have to wear them 24 hours/day ~ only when she needs to see something far away, like the classroom blackboard. Surprisingly, she is excited about it, and can't wait till her new (purple!) glasses come in! I remember when I found out I was going to need glasses ~ I cried and cried, and pretty much made it impossible to pick out glasses, which means I ended up with really ugly ones! (And I didn't wear them, either! I'd wear them at home because Mom and Dad made me ~ *mean* parents that they were, LOL ~ but I'd take them off as soon as I was out of their sight... and then spend all day at school squinting to try to see things!)

I plan to post another blog entry later today (I still need to pick my FOTW...), so will just list the things I was thankful for over the weekend now:

  • The chance to take a short nap which I desperately needed on Saturday (No, B's still not sleeping through the night on a regular basis....)
  • Tortellini soup on a chilly day ~ yum!
  • Blue skies! :)
  • Getting lots of layouts done!
  • Breakfast for supper (cornbread muffins with syrup and bacon) ~ easy, quick, and delicious!
  • Having a movie night with George

2 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

That Ben is turning into a doll! Love the layout. Hope you got a lot done.

November 20, 2006 3:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad that Emmalie is actually excited about glasses (we'll see how long it lasts.) I'm sure she just wants to be more like her Aunt Christine. :)

November 20, 2006 5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home