Wednesday, November 22, 2006

thanksgiving preparations

I've been keeping very busy the last two days, getting ready for Thanksgiving. We will be here this year, and had really been hoping that Mom, Dad, Christine, and my in-laws could join us, but, unfortunately, they can't. :( We sure will miss them....

I would still make a big feast, even if we weren't going to have any company. Luckily, though, it will not just be the five of us for dinner ~ our friend Marissa and her mom will be joining us. So far, I've done lots of cleaning, and made applesauce, whipped cranberry salad, sweet potato casserole, and 3 pies! I still have some more to do today, but decided I deserved a little break and some computer time. :)

Things I've been thankful for this week:
  • Going out for dinner on Monday, to the Weber Grill
  • Spending time with good friends at the Weber Grill
  • The smell of homemade applesauce simmering on the stove... mmmmmmm....
  • Having a clean house, for a change, LOL
  • Finishing the painting in the bathroom ~ it looks nice, if I do say so myself!
  • The sight of 3 homemade pies (pumpkin, pecan, and apple) sitting on the table ~ they all smell so good....
  • Getting time for a much-deserved break!
  • The anticipation of the holidays... can't believe they're almost here!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

its me annonymous Laura! I usually enjoy the prep for thanksgiving too but WEd when I was doing my cooking was when this stupid cold really hit me! Its going to my lungs which means pneumonia by mid week!And yes olivia has it too. Mom and dad are ok though. It soulds like you had such a wonderful day with Marissa and mom! What are you doing in all this nice weather?

November 26, 2006 8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home