Friday, December 01, 2006

let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

We got a *bit* of the white stuff overnight... at least 8 inches, I'd say... and school was cancelled. Of course, Em and Nick were thrilled! It just finally stopped snowing a little bit ago, and now the sun is coming out. Everything looks so pretty with that layer of snow on top. I love snow... though I think I'd love it more if we had a snowblower! Man, that was some heavy snow to shovel.

We took Benjamin out to see the snow this morning. He wasn't too happy about having to get all bundled up! He loved the snow, though, even after tripping and falling face first in it! He had a blast running around in the snow and "sweeping" it with his hands. We put him in his sled and pulled it around the yard ~ he loved that, too! When I finally brought him in (it was soooo windy out there and his little cheeks were so red), he was quite mad and complained loudly for about half an hour, wanting to go back out! I told him maybe after his nap.... :)

Em and Nick got started on a snow fort. Since we live in a cul-de-sac, right next to where the circle begins, the plows push all the snow from our street onto the front corner of our lawn ~ a good place to dig out a fort! They're taking a break for now (and warming up!), but I'm sure they'll be back out there soon.

What a great way to start December! :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Bill said...

Yes I agree:) Nice little blog you have here.
Bill

December 01, 2006 11:59 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

I'm so sorry I didn't get any snow. I'm all jealous.

December 02, 2006 6:40 AM  
Blogger Janelle said...

Katie, you can come visit me and play in it... :) Sorry you didn't get any snow!

December 02, 2006 7:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Personally, you can keep the snow...and the ice...and the cold... and the ice. :) I'm glad you and the kids are enjoying it though and that Ames survived the first potential winter storm snow-free! Looking forward to seeing all of you soon!

December 04, 2006 6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home