Monday, October 29, 2007

randomness...

My friend KatieJ wants us to blog about something random this week. Random, hmmm.... How about favorite childhood movies? I was thinking about this last night, movies that I loved watching as a child, that I still love today. Here are a few of them:
  1. My #1 favorite of all time is The Wizard of Oz. I'm a huge fan of the movie and the book, and have collected all kinds of Oz stuff over the years. When I was in college, I had one whole section of my room decorated with it! I think this may have been the first movie I ever saw in a theater... or at least, it's the first one I remember seeing. My mom had told me that the movie would be in color, unlike shows on our tv, and for the whole Kansas scene, I kept saying, "I thought this was going to be in color!" LOL I was as amazed as Dorothy when she finally arrived in colorful Oz!
  2. A close second is Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, which we watched with the kiddos last night, prompting this whole line of thought. As with The Wizard of Oz, I love the music, love the songs, love the characters! I used to have nightmares about the creepy "child catcher" of Vulgaria when I was little, but that never stopped me from watching it again, LOL! My favorite line from the movie: "Pardon me for protruding!" :)
  3. Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. What child wouldn't love a movie about candy? LOL! Gotta love those Oompa Loompas, too....
  4. The Sound of Music. This is a favorite of my parents, as well, and I remember watching it as a family every year. My favorite part as a child was the scene with the marionettes ~ I always wished I could have a stage and puppets like that!
  5. Fiddler on the Roof. Another favorite of my parents. We had the soundtrack, and Christine and I always used to play the record and act out the songs, especially Matchmaker and Tevye's Dream.
  6. The Empire Strikes Back. I liked all the Star Wars movies, but this was definitely my favorite ~ I saw it 13 times in the theater! I had a huge crush on both Mark Hamill and Harrison Ford, which may have had something to do with that.... ;)
  7. E.T. I remember going to see this movie in the theater with my family. We all loved it, and not too long afterwards, my Grandma and Grandpa Fischer came to visit us, and we went to E.T. again, taking them with us. They weren't quite as fond of the movie as the rest of us were, LOL! "E.T. phone home...."
  8. Holiday tv movies, like The Grinch, Frosty the Snowman, and The Year Without a Santa Claus ("He's Mister Green Christmas, He's Mister Sun...") I get just as excited as my kids do every year when it's time to watch these again! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home