Sunday, November 12, 2006

weekend warriors

I was hoping for another lazy day of scrapping and watching movies, but I guess George has other ideas, LOL. He puttied some holes and sanded in our upstairs bathroom yesterday, and is hoping we can get it all painted today. It's not a very big room, so the actual painting shouldn't take TOO long. We still have to go buy paint, get the room taped up, and do some other prep work before we can start, though. I'm not looking forward to the work, but I know I'll be glad we did it. It will look so much better!

We have been quite the "weekend warriors" of home improvement over the last year, doing a lot of painting and other fix-ups. (I don't think the previous owner would recognize the house!) The bathroom is our second-to-last room to paint, and we hope to get to the kitchen before Christmas. It's been quite a lot of work, but it's all been worth it!

Guess I should get off the computer so we can get started, LOL!

Today I am thankful for:
  • George. (I figure, since he just asked for a link to my blog, that I should probably mention him. LOL) He works hard to provide for our family and makes it possible for me to get away with my friends several weekends a year. He puts up with my scrapping. :) He's a good daddy, and has become quite the Mr. Fix-it around the house. Love ya, Hon!
  • Only having two more rooms to paint in our house. Woo hoo!
  • Good books. I love to read!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I agree with youre dh comments! Hes a great guy and dad! Hope you see this George!;)Its Laura again! Oh the LOs were awesome too! Loved the red and Yellow!

November 12, 2006 2:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoy seeing the photos of the kids and reading your comments!! George is a good Dad and a wonderful son-in law too!! Maybe he could help me with some chores around here, Ha, ha. Love, Mom

November 12, 2006 5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home