Tuesday, November 07, 2006

election day

Just a little PSA: Don't forget to exercise your right to vote today. (Thanks to Mandi, for reminding ME!) B and I have already been to our polling place and I voted for all the good guys, of course. ;) Anyone who knows me well knows that I'm hoping there will be lots of blue on that election results map tonight... and not just because blue is my favorite color! LOL


Of course, the best thing about today being election day is that now all those annoying campaign phone calls and junk mail and commercials will stop for awhile! There seemed to be an awful lot of all three for it not being a presidential election year....

Today I am thankful for:

  • Our country and the freedoms we enjoy here.... freedom of speech, freedom of religion, and the right to vote, just to name a few.
  • My house. Sure there are still a lot of remodeling projects to be done, and no matter what I do, I can't keep it clean for more than about 15 minutes... but I love it anyway, and am very grateful to finally own a nice house!
  • My kiddos. Smart and independant Emmalie, silly and tender-hearted Nick, cuddly and inquisitive Benjamin. They keep me very busy and sometimes drive me crazy, but I love the three of them with all my heart, and am very thankful to have them in my life.

3 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

Just back from Voting!

November 07, 2006 12:07 PM  
Blogger erin said...

You aren't kidding about the campaign ads. I was ready to vote for ANYONE who didn't bash someone else in their commercial - regardless of political position. LOL!

November 07, 2006 6:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.netscape.com/http://Olivia and I voted yesterday. Not all my good guys won but the ones I really cared about did. It was a busy day with Olivia yesterday and when she finally crashed about 12:30 or so she slept till almost 4:P30. Im thankful for that! Well forgot to say its me Laura for some reason it wont take my password.

November 08, 2006 4:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home