Wednesday, November 08, 2006

whirlwind wednesday

In our house, "Wednesday" means a very busy day. After getting E and N off to school, B and I drop George off at work, and then head to another suburb (half an hour away) so that I can bowl. (I joined a bowling league way back in 1997. I'm still not very good at it, LOL, but it's fun.) We normally don't get back home till noon or after.

I have a bit of reprieve after lunch while B naps, but then, before I know it, E and N are back from school, and we have to do the homework thing. Then, around 4:45, we leave to pick up George and to head back to the same suburb I was at in the morning! E and N go to church for supper and hand bell choir practice while the rest of us go out to eat somewhere. At 7 we all head back home, go through the bedtime routine, and then G and I collapse on the couch to watch our favorite new show, Jericho. It's mostly fun stuff all day, but being on the go from morning till night wears me out! I'm glad Wednesday only comes once a week, LOL.

Things I'm thankful for today:
  • Not having to make supper tonight. I don't mind cooking, and sometimes I even enjoy it, but there's something about knowing that I'm going out to eat and don't need to plan/prepare/serve/clean up after a meal that just makes me happy. :)
  • A new magazine to read and look through. Love my scrap mags! :) I keep my newest one in the car so that I can flip through it when George is driving. I usually read them cover to cover 2 or 3 times before retiring them to my bookshelf....
  • My parents. I am one of those people who can honestly say, "I had a happy childhood." I know I owe most of the credit for that to my mom and dad. I don't think there was ever a time when I didn't appreciate my parents (though it may not have seemed that way to them), but after I left home and got out into the world, I began to realize just how lucky I had been. When I started working, dealing with all kinds of dysfunctional families, my feelings of appreciation for my parents increased greatly. And now that I have children of my own, I can fully appreciate everything that my parents did for me when I was younger (not to mention everything they continue to do for me now). I always knew that I was loved. I always knew that they would be there if I needed them. They provided everything that I needed, and made life fun, too! Thank you, Mom and Dad, for being the best parents ever ~ I love you!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Janelle!! We think you are a real special daughter and a wonderful mother as well!! We are both very proud of all your acomplishments. Love, Mom and Dad

November 12, 2006 5:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Janelle!! We think you are a real special daughter and a wonderful mother as well!! We are both very proud of all your accomplishments. Love, Mom and Dad

November 12, 2006 5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home