Monday, November 06, 2006

sleep is good

My little guy's nighttime sleep schedule is so unpredictable. (Though you usually CAN predict that he will wake up at least once during the night. Sometimes he wants a bottle, sometimes he just wants Mama, and sometimes he screams no matter what I do!) When Ben actually sleeps through the night, it is cause for celebration! Last night he slept from 8:30pm to almost 6:30am, and though I didn't go to bed as early as I should have, I still got 7 hours of uninterrupted sleep. It feels sooooo good....

I've been trying to think of some ideas for this blog (like my friend KatieJ's Tuesday 10), and decided that on Mondays, I'm going to feature a Friend of the Week (or FOTW). I have been blessed with many, many friends, most of whom I met online... so it will take awhile to get through them all! :) In other words, if you're reading each week, and don't see your name ~ don't worry, I just haven't gotten to you yet!! LOL! I'm thinking I will write all the names down and put them in a jar, then pull one out each week. Since I haven't gotten that organized yet, today I will just pick someone. :)

This week's FOTW is Laura! I know she reads this, so thought I'd start with her.... :)

Laura is one of my many IDOS friends, and I've been lucky enough to meet her in person. We've been to many crops together, and she even came and stayed with me for several days last year, when I was HUGELY pregnant and my family was gone on a camping trip. She is so sweet and took such good care of me while she was here! One night she insisted on grilling me a very yummy supper. (She would not let me lift a finger!):

We also went out for Krispy Kreme donuts and had a fun little photo shoot:

We did a lot of scrapping and talking and laughing, and got to know each other so much better. It was a great time, and I'm hoping she'll come visit me again someday, though now she keeps pretty busy with her darling new granddaughter, Olivia!

I always enjoy spending time with Laura ~ she is a hoot! Just thinking about her and the "psychotic eyebrows" that she drew on herself in the car once cracks me up every time! (I wish I had that pic to share with you....) Thanks so much for being a sweet, fun, and dear friend, Laura!

Today I am thankful for:

  • Sleep! Anything more than 6 uninterrupted hours is heavenly right now....
  • Warm, comfy jammies. And I really love it when I can stay at home and wear my jammies all morning long (or even all day... LOL)
  • ALL of my IDOS friends, old and new. I've known some of them for over 6 years now, and all of them mean the world to me. They have been there for me, helping me through some really dark days, and celebrating the happy ones with me, as well. I go into withdrawal when I'm not able to come online and "see" everyone.... They make me smile every day, and usually make me laugh out loud, too! Sending big (((HUGS))) to you all!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Janelle. Im somewhat blushing but its good to know I dont look like I did back then! I feel very special today! Thank you!!! for some reason its not letting me sign in today so Im not annoymous...its me Laura!!

November 07, 2006 5:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on being the friend of the week Laura!! Great to get to know you better!!

Just found you blog Janelle!! HI!! :)

JEN

November 07, 2006 6:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home