Friday, November 02, 2007

counting my blessings

I had fun with this last year, so decided to do it again. :) I plan to record at least one thing every day this month that I am thankful for. (I may not post them on my blog every single day... notice I forgot yesterday, LOL... but when I do post, I'll count one blessing for each day.)

Yesterday I was thankful for a day at home ~ no running errands, no taxi service for George, no trips to the gym. It's amazing how much more time I have to get other things done when I don't have to go anywhere!

Today I am thankful that I have a toddler. Yes, you heard me right. :) Sure, some parts of toddlerhood are NOT fun to deal with, but other parts are, and I'm glad that I get to experience them all over again with Benjamin. He and I played outside for awhile this morning ~ he was so enthralled by the leaves and "helicopter" seeds that he found on the ground. I love to see the wonder and amazement in his eyes! Everything is still so new to him. Later on, Ben noticed his shadow and giggled as he waved to it and it waved back. :)

I'm also thankful that we have fun plans for tonight ~ we're going to the circus! It will be Ben's first time, so that will make it even more fun for the rest of us, I think.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like that idea Janelle! It is so easy to forget sometimes that we all do have something to be thankful for everyday, no matter how small!

I hear you on the toddler thing. They are pretty amazing at this age aren't they?

November 04, 2007 4:24 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

love this idea - I may do it for December and actually do a mini album about it. Hope you had fun at the circus!

November 05, 2007 10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home