Monday, November 05, 2007

walk like an egyptian

I'm finally getting a chance to post these photos from Halloween. I got them back on Friday, but wasn't able to come online over the weekend. These first few are of the pumpkins the kids created on the 30th. Em decided to paint hers in patriotic colors, to celebrate our country ("but not the president, Mom!" LOL):
Nick carved his big pumpkin into a ghost saying "Boo!", and he asked me to carve his smaller one to look like one of our Halloween decorations, seen in the background of the photo:

Here, Ben is about to kiss his kitty pumpkin that Mommy carved and he painted: And now onto the pictures I know you've all been waiting for! :) My very talented and artistic sister Christine made the kids' costumes once again. Em and Nick had decided that they wanted to go with a theme this year, an Egyptian theme. They knew their aunt would be happy about that ~ she loves pretty much anything Egyptian! :) Emmalie decided to go as Cleopatra, and Christine came up with this beautiful dress and cape (I would've given ANYTHING to have a costume like this when I was Em's age!!):

This isn't the best photo of Em (shhh... don't tell her I posted it on the internet, LOL), but I wanted to show all the detail that went into this costume. Christine made the necklace and bead work on the dress (there is also bead work on Em's belt):
Nick wanted to be Anubis, a god with the head of a jackal and the body of a man. Christine made him a necklace and arm bands, as well:

Christine decided to include Benjamin in the Egyptian theme, as well, and created a scarab beetle costume for him. He wasn't too sure about the whole costume thing, but after Mommy bribed him with lollipops, he decided he could wear it for awhile. :) The hat piece didn't stay on real long, but once he started trick-or-treating, I think he forgot about the rest of it!
Here he still has his bribe in his mouth, LOL:
Here's a shot of Ben's back ~ these photos just don't do the costumes justice. The blue back is velvety with blue sequins sewn on to add some sparkle, and the gold and reddish fabrics are very shimmery:

To complete the Egyptian theme, I went as Mummy Dearest! :) I had kind of a hard time with my costume, thanks to gravity (my bandages kept sliding down), but it was fun, anyway!
And here are the four of us, back from trick-or-treating, and ready to dig into that candy! :) Thank you, Christine, for helping to make our Halloween simply spooktacular!

One more thing before I go... I need to list what I've been thankful for lately:

  • On Saturday I was thankful for time spent with my friend Karen, shopping and visiting and eating out. :)
  • Yesterday I was thankful for quiet time spent by myself at the book store while Em was at Confirmation, just sipping tea and reading.
  • Today I am thankful for Christine, for being the best sister and aunt EVER!! Love you, C!!


8 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

Anytime Christine wants to add some more nephews to her list let me know! Those are awesome costumes.

November 05, 2007 10:11 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Wow, Janelle! These costumes are amazing. Your sister is so talented! Thanks so much for sharing the photos! I love them all!

KatieH

November 05, 2007 10:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christine really outdid herself! Those are awesome costumes!

Marilyn
>^..^<

November 05, 2007 10:32 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Awesome!!!

November 05, 2007 11:46 AM  
Blogger Kay said...

You just have the cutest kids hands down! The costumes are amazing as always! I can't believe how big the kids are and every single one of them look like you! :)

November 05, 2007 5:46 PM  
Blogger Michelle Russell said...

Love the pics & costumes, Janelle! We have GOT to get together soon. :)

November 05, 2007 5:54 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Wow! I swear, she outdoes herself every year.

November 05, 2007 9:55 PM  
Blogger Little ol' Me said...

What a talented sister you have!

Thanks for posting your blog link at Paws so I could come see these costumes!

Tiffany

November 06, 2007 8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home